Some time back I was privileged to hear Alma Wakefield of Elijah Ministries address the ladies at family camp. She reminded us of the importance of the “5 A’s” in our interactions with others.
- Affirmation (showing value in a person)
- Appreciation (thankfulness)
- Affection (Love languages)
- Acceptance (Things you can’t change)
- Authenticity (Our relationship with God is our priority)
As we come into the Christmas period, it is a good reminder for all of our relationships. Is there a difficult relationship that you dread renewing at this time of year? Difficult relationships need the 5 A’s.
Is there a particular child who is getting under your skin? Children need the 5 A’s.
Have you been making your marriage relationship a priority? Husbands need the 5 A’s.
All relationships need the 5 A’s. Give yourself a relationship check-up to see if you need to spend a little more time on the 5 A’s.
other posts you may find helpful: